Discipline and Grievance
Explaining the fundamentals of the discipline and grievance procedures
Managing discipline and grievance in the workplace is part of every staff manager's role – but the issues can be daunting. This workshop gives managers the required skills and understanding to conduct discipline and grievance procedures fairly and efficiently.
- What are the rights and obligations employers and employees have to one another?
- What is the employer's duty of care?
- How do you institute and operate a fair process?
- What is the difference between misconduct and gross misconduct?
- How should you undertake a disciplinary investigation?
- How should you to prepare witness statements?
- How should you prepare for a disciplinary hearing?
- When should you consider suspension?
- What is a grievance?
- What procedures should you follow when hearing a grievance?