Equality Legislation and its Impact on Organisations
Equality legislation places obligations on all businesses and organisations. Discrimination is not just about being unfair but also about giving less favourable treatment to customers, employees or members of the public. This course gives straight forward advice about equality legislation, how you can make your business or organisation comply with the law and how to deal with any changes that might result.
- What is the current legislation concerning discrimination, including sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief and age?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect discrimination?
- To compy with equality legislation, what service provisions do you need to make?
- How should you compile and review your relevant policies and procedures?
- What organisational changes do you need to make?
- In the light of legislation, what training shoud you implement?
- What is the Equality Impact Assessment Tool?
- What are the guidelines on working groups, focus groups and self-managed working groups?