Management Development Programme
Providing managers with a thorough grounding in the principles of effective management and team leadership.
No two managers are the same. All managers bring different skills and experiences to an organisation, even if they have been with that organisation for a number of years.
Our Management Development Programme is flexible, comprising a number of modules that can be mixed and matched to suit the needs of your organisation. The Programme enables you to develop your managerial and motivational skills for improved team performance. It is designed to encourage you to anticipate problems, to provide clear leadership and to build strong and effective teams.
The programme is highly interactive and uses psychometric tools, case studies, group discussions and role-play to encourage you to challenge your current approach to team management. On completion of the programme you will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and tools to deliver improved results.
The course content can adapted so that it is relevant to your organisation. The programme can be delivered at times and venues to suit your needs, and course administration is undertaken from a central point to ensure seamless delivery.
If required this programme can be accredited to give successful candidates the recognised qualification of the Diploma in Management.
Developing your management style
- Understanding your own behavioural styles
- Communicating in the workplace
- Personal and career development
- Effective leadership and management and the role of the manager
- Creating and managing a team
Managing financial and non financial resources
- Finance fundamentals - What are profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Understanding the jargon
- Preparing and managing a budget - 10 principles of effective budget preparation
- Using the budget to track performance
- Measuring business performance - key ratios and business performance
- Understanding product profitability
- Long term investment decision making
Effective communication and information management
- Identifying the key information needed by managers
- Data protection issues
- Facilitating and chairing meetings
- Presentation skills
- Successful business writing
Planning to meet customer and quality requirement
- Tools for business analysis and effective decision making
- Managing change
- Continuous improvement and processes
- Managing quality within an organisation
- Managing health and safety at work
- Successful supervision and appraisal
- Managing performance
- Managing a diverse team
Recruitment and Selection
- Job design
- HR planning
- Selection techniques
- Understanding the law relating to recruitment and selection
- Understanding pay and benefits
Developing personnel performance
- Understanding the importance of a good induction and ongoing staff development
- Identifying learning and development requirements
- Coaching and mentoring in teams
- Understanding the concept of a project and making a business case
- The difference between projects and operations
- Planning and managing resources and time
- Control and measurement, management and methodology
Managing marketing activities
- The concepts of marketing, the importance of the customer and the marketing environment in which an organisation operates.
- Understanding the tools of marketing research, the marketing mix and ICT - and how to use them within an organisation.
- Communication, its role in marketing and development of successful written and oral communication skills
- Writing a marketing plan