Managing Disability at Work
Organisations and businesses have many statutory obligations under disabiliy legislation. But more than that, they can find real benefits to employing and retaining disabled staff. This course challenges pre-conceived notions about disabled people and gives practical advice about current legislation, procedures and ways to promote an inclusive non-descrimatory workplace.
- What is the Social Model of disability? How is this different from the Traditional Model?
- What barriers are faced by people with disabilities?
- What is mainstreaming?
- How might this affect your organisation?
- What does the current legislation say about Disability Discrimination?
- What does the legislation mean for employers?
- What statutory duties do you have to promote equality of opportunity between disabled people and other people?