Networking is an excellent way to share information and build mutually beneficial relationships. Acquiring one or two new contacts at an event can make it all worthwhile. Yet facing a roomful of strangers can be at best daunting, at worst very scary. This interactive workshop offers practical advice and guidance on successful face to face networking.
- What are the barriers to successful networking?
- How should you prepare for an event?
- How can you make a good first impression?
- What is a 30 second business card?
- How does communication work? What are the particular features of face to face communication?
- What is the importance of developing good listening skills?
- How can you move the conversation from small talk to business?
- What are the best ways to close the meeting?