Management Development Programme
Gainsborough Training is an approved provider of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Management Development Qualifications.
Our Management Development Programmes provide managers with a thorough grounding in the principles of effective management and team leadership.
We recognise that no two managers are the same. All managers bring different skills and experiences to an organisation, even if they have been with that organisation for a number of years.
Our Management Development Programmes are flexible, comprising a number of modules which can be mixed and matched to suit the needs of your organisation. The Programmes can be taught as modules leading to a recognised Award or organisations can choose a more detailed programme leading to a Certificate or Diploma in Management.
The Management Development Programme will assist participants in developing their managerial and motivational skills for improved team performance, and will enable them to anticipate problems, provide clear leadership, and build strong and effective teams.
The courses are highly interactive and use case studies, group discussions, and role-play to encourage participants to challenge their current approach to team management. On completion of the Management Development Programme participants will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and tools to deliver improved results across their teams and for their organisations.
Gainsborough Training will work closely with you to ensure that the course content is relevant and adds value to your organisation, and that the programme is delivered at a venue and over a timescale to suit your needs.
Sample Module Oulines
Developing your management style
- Developing yourself
- Managing your own resources
- Effective leadership and management and the role of the manager
- Creating and managing a team
- Developing the trust and support of others
- Handing conflict in your own working relations with others
- Managing financial resources: cash flow statements, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts
- Understanding the budgeting process
- Making financial decisions
- An introduction to strategic procurement and its impact on the policy process and service delivery
- Managing non-financial resources
Planning to meet customer and quality requirement
- You, your organisation and clients, customers and stakeholders - tools for business analysis and effective decision making
- Quality of products, services and processes - managing quality within an organisation
- Continuous improvement and change
- Healthy and safe working
Effective communication and information management
- Information and decision making - identifying the key information needed by managers; researching information; information storage and retrieval; data protection issues
- Facilitating meetings
- Presentation skills
- Successful business writing
- Successful supervision and appraisal
- Agreeing objectives and allocation of work
- Assessing performance and providing feedback
- Handling poor performance
- Managing remote workers
- Managing a diverse team
Recruitment and Selection
- Job design
- HR planning
- Selection techniques
- Understanding the law relating to recruitment and selection
- Understanding pay and benefits
Developing personnel performance
- Induction and the need for ongoing staff development
- Identifying learning and development needs and planning development
- Developing individuals and teams
- Coaching and mentoring in teams
Effective financial management
- Financial planning - circulation of money; internal and external financial regulations; sources of advice; financial statements; preparation of accounts
- External factors – effects of inflation; effects of taxation; monetary assets and liabilities and fixed assets; principle taxes affecting business including income, corporation, capital gains, VAT and other taxes
- Project strategy and lifecycle - understanding the concept of a project
- The difference between projects and operations
- Project methodologies
- Making the business case
- Project support - planning and managing resources and time
- Control and measurement
Managing marketing activities
- Concepts of marketing, the importance of the customer and the marketing environment in which an organisation operates.
- Planning to meet stakeholder requirements
- Understanding the tools of marketing research, the marketing mix and ICT – and how to use them within an organisation.
- Communication, its role in marketing and development of successful written and oral communication skills
- Writing a marketing plan