The Employee - Employer Relationship
This practical workshop considers the legal obligations between the employer and its employees and is an essential introduction to further workshops on managing discipline and grievance issues in the workplace. The workshop uses a mixture of input including discussion and case studies to increase delegates' understanding of the issues.
- How can you create a fair process?
- What are the ACAS best practice guidelines?
- What are the rules of 'natural justice'?
- What is the role of HR?
- What is meant by 'contract of employment' and what obligations does this impose on the organisation and its employees?
- What can an employer 'reasonably' expect of its employees?
- What is the difference between workplace rules, codes of conduct and custom & practice? How should they be used?
- What is a reasonable output of work?
- What is a reasonable level of behaviour in the workplace?
- What tools can help the manager define reasonable standards?
- How can you communicate your expectations to your staff?
- How should you monitor and manage performance?
- What should you do if a team member falls below the agreed standards?
- What approach should you choose in the case of misconduct or a capability issue?